One Year of Caps

 Dang, I can't believe it's almost been a year since I started this blog. The official anniversary is Feb. 28 (with the release of "Growing Pains") but I'm writing this a few days in advance, since it's a good time to do so. I thought I would post some stats and reflections on how things have gone so far.



47K views - crazy! You can see that the site views peaked in June, with the highest in one day being just about 1000. There's a couple reasons for this: one, I had come up with a scheme to drive viewership to the site by posting the first part on reddit and linking to the rest in the comments, and second, I had developed my workflow to the point where I could turn out relatively lengthy series and requests. After my reddit account got shadowbanned due to posting links, I switched back to my previous posting method, and views on the site decreased (but have remained fairly steady since then).



The most viewed individual post was "Daddy Issues", with just about 1300 views over both parts. It was a bit of a surprise, since I posted both parts on reddit, so there wasn't much incentive for people to view it on the blog. It was also full of spelling mistakes, as I discovered later. Maybe it gained some traction through another site? Regardless, I'm glad that people enjoyed it. "Swapped and Stretched" was also popular as a whole. 

Overall, I'm content with how things have gone. I only started the blog as an experiment. I'd been enjoying body swap content for years before that, of course, but I'd never really considered writing any myself. My posting has slowed down a bit from when I started, and sometimes I need to take a break due to real life circumstances. Sometimes I just don't feel like writing whole series, either, and switch to focus on RP or prompts (which are usually posted on my reddit account, if you'd like to see them). But that urge to write hasn't gone away yet, and even if I don't get to all of them, I'm really grateful that people continue to send requests, visit the site, and interact with my posts. Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog